Wednesday, August 25, 2004

First XI: Nobody asked me, but ...
8) I certainly have no problem with "traditional" soccer names. After all, they help set soccer apart from other American sports. Do you know of any NFL or NBA teams with names like "Real LA" or "BC New York" (Basketball Club)? However, although I am a purist when it comes to other aspects of the game, I don't see the big deal about team names.
4) Yeah, I occasionally pop by the message boards to see what the cult thinks of my work, I admit it. Is he calling people like me who talk about soccer on the Net a cult? *Glares.* Bradley does the same exact thing, except he gets to post his rantings, thoughts, and opinions on an official board. OK, so maybe he is right about us, but I still resent the term. But enough of the nitpicking...
1) In the East, the Crew haven't lost in more than a month and are about to add a guy who's got a couple rings already in Tony Sanneh. D.C. United's capable of anything. Columbus rocks! :)

Fire last in MLS, but still conducting one title search

Stadium construction roadblock for Burn

No comments: