Friday, August 13, 2004

Earthquakes, Wizards figuring it out

Texas makeover: FC Dallas unveiled. Cool.

The Clean Sheet: You're my boy, Tex. Sweet article. Go read. Good quote: But following in the footsteps of D.C. United, we have another "traditional" soccer name. Soccer bashers may have a field day with it, and mainstream sports fans and media may give a collective "huh?" -- and that's exactly why I like it. I've always said that MLS needs to focus first and foremost every day on converting and catering to American soccer fans, and this is another step in that direction. Yeah, I'm a soccer junkie, too. Maybe that is why I really dig the new name. Anyway, now the fun part begins for the Dallas fans: the "unofficial" name the team aspect. We gotta call them something, so what's it gonna be? *Big grin.* So what if I am not a Dallas fan; I am a blogger, which means that I have an opinion, whether merited or not. I will post one if (when) I think of one. Funny quote: So what do you think the "FC" stands for in FC Dallas?...If you want to go old school, it could be "Football Club." If you want to talk about the Burn's chances for winning a title this season, it's starting to look like "Fat Chance." *Another big grin.*

The Cheap Seats: European viewing. Good article, except for this one, shall we say, misstep: I don't miss watching the Columbus Crew play. *Glares.* Yeah, yeah, I know. If I can crack on Dallas, I should be able to take a crack on Columbus. Reading Lalas' comments on his lack of ability to follow MLS in Greece almost made me start on how I have it just as bad, here in the US this whole summer, but I will spare you that for now. Dig around my archives, and I am sure you will come across a spill of mine on that very subject.

Dallas Burn To Be Called FC Dallas. More on the name change, this time from the international soccer press.

No comments: