Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend recap

Sorry for my lack of regular posting lately. Life has succeeded in getting in the way of my soccer-viewing habits quite a bit lately, and will probably continue to do so for the next couple of weeks. (Now all grad and college students repeat after me: I love the end of the semester. I love writing massive final papers and studying for finals. I love practically living in the library and single-handedly keeping the coffee industry booming. See? It works! You're starting to feel better already!)

Columbus 1 : LA 0

Yes, you read that right. Columbus won a game! Whoohoo! And, as always seems to happen when something big happens, I managed to miss this game.

I did, however, manage to catch the FC Dallas 2 : KC 1 match. 2 goals scored in stoppage, within the space of about two minutes. Melikes. I am an unbelievable sucker for stoppage goals, especially when they either create or break a tie. This is what exciting matches are made of. Despite my Columbus loyalties, I was thrilled when Pitchkolan scored right at the end. Cooper also played a pretty solid game, scoring early on. I wasn't thrilled with KC's play, though their tie-breaking goal was pretty exciting.

No comments: