Sunday, April 23, 2006

News and Views

Schmid's Crew steals points from L.A. Wow, all that time buried in the books must be getting to me. Only when I read the second sentence of this article: Facing former coach Sigi Schmid for the first time, did I realize the irony and beauty in Columbus beating LA yesterday. Sigi beat his former team, who's probably wishing they still had him. (Then again, if I were a Galaxy fan who got stuck with Sampson, I'd probably be saying that, regardless of who won.)

'Family' man Lalas happy to be home Does anybody else see the irony (and, depending on your opinions, the incredible justice) in Alexi being on the same team as Sampson? His former coach? Two highly controversial (and often hated) people leading the same team? Come now, I can't be the only person who sees this as an ironic twist of fate!

MLS All-Stars to face Chelsea in Chicago Um, since when is this news?

Late drama as Hoops top Wizards

No comments: