Sunday, April 09, 2006

News and Views

Red Bulls lament free kick chances OK, so I'm linking to this article only because of the picture of Pele. I think it's pretty wicked awesome when the likes of Pele support MLS, even if it's just a publicity stunt, and even though his support of the NASL didn't exactly help save the league.
Shades of the glory days From the mouth of Pele himself: "I worked hard several years ago to show the American people what is futbol, soccer,'' said Pele, now 65. "I want to see Giants Stadium with 65,000 or 70,000 people. I want to see an average of 30,000 people. We can get them to come back and see what kind of show there is for soccer here now." Well said, though I think he really meant to say that he wants to see Crew stadium full.

D.C. gets first win on Moreno double DCU beat Chivas USA. Not surprising. What is surprising is Chivas USA's win last week against Real Salt Lake. After last year's horrible performance and this year's addition of Bradley, I expect a much improved team this year.

RED BULLS: Beckenbauer interested in rekindling his relationship here

What's in a Name? So Far, Just Two Ties

No comments: