Wednesday, July 14, 2004

More MLS news and views:
Salt Lake City's winning recipe. Yes, so this is the same article I linked to in the last post, but I figured that it is relevant enough to deserve a little blurb about it on my blog. I never would have pegged Salt Lake as a possible expansion team, but this article proves me wrong.
Wynalda: The future of MLS coaching. Wynalda always has something interesting to say, whether or not I agree with his opinions. The gist of this particular article is that former MLS players, e.g. Nowak, should coach MLS teams.
MSL expands to 12 teams. Reason for this link: Utah has the highest per-capita participation in organised soccer in the US with an estimated 200,000 players. I never knew that. Interesting tidbit of information.
MLS press conference in Utah. I like this article because it quotes various opening statements.
D.C. United Tops Nottingham Forest. Do you have any idea how many articles I have come across, with that very title?????!!!!! To be fair, I am simply linking to the first article I came across with that title. As of right now, United's home page has not posted any articles on the match, only that the match was a draw. According to first link I posted on the match, there was a shootout that D.C. United won 4-3 after playing Nottingham Forest to a 1-1 tie. Hopefully I will be able to post something more official later.

No comments: