Thursday, March 30, 2006

News and Views

Wow, I can definitely tell that the new season is upon us; the number of articles that came up in my news searches drastically shot up. Here's a sampling of some of them:

Chelsea Football Club & AEG announce U.S. alliance I first heard about this over at the Rogue. First the news of the All-Star game, and now this. I'm not quite sure what to think of it. Does it say something good about the quality of play in MLS, or is it more of a patronising act? Personally, I think that Chelsea is more concerned with improving their image in the US, than with improving MLS. Too bad for them, I already have a favorite team in the Premiership, and it's not Chelsea (I'll give you a hint: their name rhymes with the name of D's favorite team). Still, regardless of Chelsea's motives, I think that it will benefit MLS in the long run.
Chelsea seek to crack America

Out with the old Crew, in with the new Like I've been saying, I have high expectations for Columbus this year. I expect them to make it to the playoffs this year, and to win the final within the next few years.

Learning from '05, improving in '06 for Chivas USA Chivas USA is another team that I expect to do better this year (then again, they can't exactly do worse than they did last year, so that's not saying a whole lot).

'Embrace the Colors' campaign launches If you have a decent Internet connection, you can watch the commercial in Windows Media Player. Personally, I think the ad is no better than MLS' previous attempts at advertising themselves, but at least it's something.

Gazing into the crystal ball on the '06 season The best thing about this article is the picture. Gotta love it.

New team in Houston is among changes in MLS

No comments: