Sunday, March 26, 2006

News and Views

Wizards beat FCD in Saturn Challenge Cup My newly adopted team (FC Dallas, due to my current geographical location--just don't take that to mean that my loyalties to the Crew have diminished any! they haven't!) lost. The sheer irony of it all is that the Wizards' opener is against my beloved Crew. It will be devastating if the Wizards beat Columbus, too. Here's to hoping that Sigi will lead the crew on to a solid season and victory this year.

Changes start at top for Chivas USA Bradley's a good coach. I expect to see a seriously improved Chivas USA this year.

MLS Originals Enter Their 11th Season Just 10 players remain active who have played at least one game in of the first 10 seasons. Wow, I thought there were more of them than that. Most of the guys have since retired or moved on (McBride immediately jumps to mind).

Houston beats N.Y., wins Challenge Cup I was about to make some comment about Houston's two name changes over the past several months have a positive effect on their performance, until I remembered that NY, too, just had a name change. So never mind.
Edit: Remember what I said about matadors beating bulls? If this isn't proof, I don't know what is.)

Between now and this Friday, March 31, you have the opportunity to question the Commish. If you have something to say, now's our chance, people.

Red Bulls roll out new team, attitude

No comments: