Monday, February 27, 2006

News and Views

The MLS Goal of the Decade nominees are down to five. My personal favorites are McBride's goal in '96, and Ruiz's goal in '05. What on earth is Rosario's goal doing in there? Sure, he made it from outside of the box, which, believe me, takes both skill and luck. And while it may be good enough to make it into, say, the top 25, I don't think it deserves to be in the top 5. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that it exhibits particularly good teamwork, skill, a spetacular shot, determination, or luck. In short, it has none of what I consider to be the defining characteristics of a good goal.
Five finalists remain on top goal ballot
McBride Up for Goal of the Decade

FC Dallas Announces European Leg of Preseason Schedule

Edited for clarification.

No comments: