Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Soccer: Aging saviors failed, so U.S. tries Adu This is an interesting read about past failed attempts at importing soccer stars, such as Pele, in an attempt to popularize soccer in the USA. However, To more enlightened Americans, it dawns that their country needs to find stars of its own, stars who would merit airtime in television schedules crammed with the staple sports of American football, baseball and basketball. This article makes some interesting observations. I certainly hope that MLS will avoid the downfalls of the NASL.

Lalas leaving Quakes to join Metros

World Cup hero Lalas named as MetroStars chief I find this title a bit amusing. I mean, Lalas was an important figure in the USA's past World Cups, but I don't know if I would call him a hero.

West Coast Bias: What happens with San Jose

No comments: