Thursday, March 03, 2005

Sampson likes the early returns Galaxy coach Steve Sampson said he is fairly pleased with the team's progress, despite last Sunday's 1-0 loss to defending MLS champion D.C. United in the inaugural Aloha Soccer Cup in Honolulu. I still don't understand why LA got rid of their coach last season when they were doing so well, only to replace him with Sampson and to see the team fall. Sampson is running out of chances in the eyes of US soccer fans, especially those who very distinctly remember the France '98 debacle. (OK, so I should probably just be happy that he wasn't chosen to lead the Crew, and leave it at that.) Hopefully the Galaxy, under his leadership, will perform well this season. Let me qualify that statement: I want them to do well; I just don't want them to beat Columbus, and I certainly do not want to see the Galaxy in the Cup.

Chivas USA stumbles vs. US nationals The U.S. national team routed Chivas USA 7-0 at The Home Depot Center on Wednesday morning. I have only one word to say: ouch. I know what it feels like to lose that badly (for that matter, I know what it feels like to lose even worse than that). Hopefully Chivas will take this loss positively, and work even harder at their game. But still, ouch.

Henderson: Best is yet to come with MLS

No comments: