Saturday, October 09, 2004

Columbus at Metrostars: postgame commentary

Oy. It was a close, and, therefore an exciting game (ok, so I think any soccer game is exciting, but this one was more exciting than usual), but...Columbus needs to work on finishing and tightening up that defense. The Metrostars had way too many shots on goal; Columbus didn't have nearly enough. The Metrostars definitely played better than Columbus. I don't think anyone can argue that. I just hope that Columbus was having a bad day. I hope they got it out of their system and will be able to play much better during the remainder of the season/postseason. Ideally, the Crew's postseason run will take them to the Cup! On the positive side, Columbus did maintain their loss-less streak. I just wish that wasn't the only thing they did right tonight!

No comments: