Thursday, December 15, 2005

News and Views

You know it's the off season when you start trolling the Web for MLS news and come up with article after article after article about the same thing, and very little else. In this case, it's San Jose's move to Houston. Maybe I'm way out of the loop here, but am I the only one who thinks this is a bit sudden? In case you're as out of it as I am, here are a few articles on the subject:
San Jose's move gives FC Dallas a state rival
Houston lands Major League Soccer franchise
MLS Gets a New City
Personally, I think that a team in Houston will do quite well. I find the comparison to the Cleveland Browns interesting (the Browns moved to Baltimore, and, after several years without the Browns, Cleveland got a new team and stadium). Maybe the Earthquakes will return, bigger, better, and with a stadium in a few years. Who knows; I guess time will tell.
Update: most of the blogs I link to in my sidebar have a lot more to say about this move. Go read - there's some good stuff there.

Wizards players’ reactions mixed So the Wizards are staying, at least for one more year. That's good news, though I'm sure that the fans would prefer a more concrete affirmative.

No comments: