Saturday, November 19, 2005

News and Views

Ah, the off-season, when there is precious little (in the world of MLS) for me to blog on. But, since this blog is dedicated to MLS, I'll try to stick primarily with MLS-related news and opinions.

The Clean Sheet: Pandomania? This got me thinking; I'm starting to look at the Galaxy the same way that I was raised to look at the NY Yankees and Michigan (can you guess where I was raised?). Come to think of it, that's the way I once thought of DC, back in the days of The Curse (I'm referring to the Crew's past inability to win at RFK). I actually don't really hate DC anymore; what's wrong with me? Oh, and one other thing: what on earth happened to the Golden Goal? I am extremely grateful that MLS chucked the shootouts and count-down timer, but did they really have to chuck the Golden Goal, too?

What now for Keane? And I quote: there are offers on the table from the MLS in America. Please tell me that MLS is not resorting to signing has-been players who quit their own teams in the Premiership. I honestly don't think that MLS has much of a chance of getting him, nor do I necessarily wish for them to sign him. In my opinion, it would be kind of insulting to MLS if Keane signed with them, as if MLS were his last option. (I also happen to be a Man U fan, so take that statement for what it's worth.)

S.J. Earthquakes: The big questions

No comments: