Thursday, February 03, 2005

MLS News and Views

Yes, your absent blogger has returned...again. I haven't even been keeping up with MLS pre-season news, let alone been blogging about it, but I'll try to stick with commenting on articles that are pretty recent.

The Clean Sheet: Add some Spice? Basically, this is an open letter from Palace to Victoria Beckham, asking her to get her husband (David Beckham) to play in MLS. My thoughts: RRRRiiiigggghhhhhttttttttt. One of the world's top players in MLS? Maybe MLS will one day achieve that status, but until then, dream on, Palace.

All lines are now open I can't believe that Connolly references both the Super Bowl and Major League Baseball in this article. This is an MLS column at MLSnet.com, for crying out loud! Rant aside, Connolly makes some interesting predictions for this season. If I remember, I will go back and read this column at the end of the season to compare what he predicted with what actually happened.

Pope added to Real defensive unit Pope is a good, steady, solid, veteran defender; he should be able to add a lot of experience to Real.

Rapids Sign Beckerman, Trembly and Cullen to Multi-Year Deals

L.A. rookies expected to sit, learn

Camping season opens for Metros

Adu Wants To Start Making Bigger, Stronger Impact In Second Season Why do I continue to blog on Adu, you ask? Well, if I knew the answer to that question, I would tell you! He is a decent player overall, though I still think that he has been way over-hyped.

No comments: