Thursday, December 02, 2004

News and Views

Young talent to show skills at combine The article starts out: The cream of the college soccer crop... *Winces* No offense, but that is a rather pathetic pun! Anyways, read this article; some of these guys may be the future stars of MLS and interntional soccer. I am rooting for four of them, simply because they played at schools in my home state or in the state where I now live.

Cheap Seats: Taking down the nets The only remedy for offseason-itis is to play the actual game. I'll play anytime, anywhere. I couldn't have said it better myself! Come to think of it, I've said the same thing (in my own words, of course) many times before! Nothing cures football (soccer) fever better than, well, actually playing the game! For that matter, playing is a far better "remedy" than simply watching, discussing, and blogging. Now where did I put that ball? Oh wait - I have how many papers to finish writing? I guess I'll have to wait for now.

The Worldwide Passion - The American Dream Insightful article about the state of soccer (including MLS) in the US.
Whether you prefer to call it Soccer’s Siberia or the Land that Football Forgot, the United States of America has long been football’s last frontier. Meanwhile fans in the U.S. have a dream that the game will become mainstream in their country.
Unfortunately, this is true.
Media coverage or lack thereof is perhaps one of the greatest obstacles that football faces in the new millennium.
Ditto my last comment!

The Clean Sheet: Stoking the Fire Fire fans won't like this article, but fans of any other teams will!

Chicago Fire Scarf contest This isn't official news or views, but I found it a bit interesting, though I must say that entry #AA04 is the lousiest entry!

No comments: