Tuesday, November 30, 2004

News and Views

Sampson heads to South and Central America: Scouting trips to bolster roster will include stops at River Plate and Sao Paulo So far, Sampson has failed to redeem himself in the eyes of MLS fans. (OK, so I guess I should not speak for everyone, but he has yet to redeem himself in the eyes of this blogger.) However, the latter half of this past season did actually worsen my opinion of his coaching skills. I believe in giving people second...and third...and fourth chances, but this guy is running out of chances! Maybe he'll make some good changes for next year, but, frankly, I still don't understand why he was brought in while the Galaxy were doing so well!

Fire, AEG and Village of Bridgeview Celebrate Historic Day
After announcing plans for the construction of a world-class stadium for soccer, concerts and special events earlier this year, the Chicago Fire, its parent company, AEG, and the Village of Bridgeview today held the ceremonial groundbreaking for Bridgeview's new $70 million, 20,000-seat sports and entertainment stadium. The venue will house the Major League Soccer team permanently in Chicago's Southland region starting in the Spring of 2006.
Yea for Chicago! I may not be a fan of the Fire, but I remember my excitement when Crew Stadium was built, and as a soccer fan, I see the need for more soccer-specific stadiums in MLS! For more information, see Fire break ground on new stadium complex and Chicago Fire's New Stadium Breaks Ground

Decision obvious for Donovan Good luck to Donovan! I hope that this experience in Germany will be good for him and for American soccer.

No comments: