Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I was not planning on blogging on the First XI this week until I came to numbers 4 and 3. Why I liked #4: The home teams in this weekend's games, San Jose, Columbus, New England, Chicago and Kansas City are all going to be playing at playoff intensity. All five home teams stand in a position where they are dissatisfied with their point totals, especially the pointless Crew. All five will be taking a "must take three" attitude into the matches. Yes, I'm a shameless Crew fan who is desperately hoping for a win (or at least for a goal), but I also look forward to seeing some high intensity matches. There is nothing better in the world of soccer, than watching a high intensity match. Why I like #3: Just a quick memo to San Jose sports fans. If you're buying tickets to this weekend's game because you want to see Freddy Adu, you might want to watch this guy on your hometown team, Landon Donovan. He wears No. 10 and he's pretty good. *laughs* Jeff Bradley's First XI (well, it's more like the First X this week) deserves a link for this, if for nothing else! Yes, I think it is great that a 14-year-old is in MLS. However, I do not think that he is the best player in the league, at least not yet. He's a young teen! Give him time to work on his game and get used to the whole pro thing! Landon's good; there's no doubt about that. In fact, there are plenty of other great players in the league; watch them, too!

No comments: